Health Equity Program
Addressing health equity issues worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Utah's Health Equity Program
PCRH, in collaboration with the DHHS Office of Health Equity has awarded almost 1 million dollars to 4 community-based organizations, 2 clinics and 1 educational institution to address health equity issues worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Awardees and rural areas they are working in are:
- Dove Center–St. George/Washington County
- Holy Cross Ministries–Park City/Summit County
- Latino Behavioral Health Services– Washington, Tooele, Carbon, Grand and Emery Counties
- Moab Free Health Clinic, Moab/Grand County
- People’s Health Clinic, Park City/Summit County
- PIK2AR (Pacific Island Knowledge to Action Resources), Tooele County
- Southern Utah University Utah Center for Rural Health, statewide and focus on rural counties
Addressing Health Equity in a Post-COVID Landscape Grant Program
The objectives of the Addressing Health Equity in a Post-COVID Landscape funding opportunity are:
- To build capacity within the community to address and mitigate health inequities highlighted by or exacerbated by COVID-19.
- To promote health equity.
- To link communities and individuals to social resources to meet their needs.