The Office of Primary Care and Rural Health (OPCRH) is proud to announce the Rural Veterans Health Access Program (RVHAP) whose purpose over the three-year period is to:
- Create a Utah Rural Veteran Coalition (URVC) consisting of CAHs, RHCs, FQHCs, and Veteran Resource Centers among others, in an effort to create a sustainable communication network between rural organizations providing and coordinating care to rural veterans and the VA. The coalition would meet quarterly to monitor projects, share data, and increase awareness of each facility’s resources.
- Conduct a statewide needs assessment to collect data on resources, programs, best practices, and organizations currently available to assist veterans in all rural and urban counties.
- Provide data driven trainings identified in the needs assessment to rural hospitals and clinics on best practices and awareness of resources available to veterans who utilize their facilities.
- Integrate the National Telemental Health HUB program into rural hospitals and clinics.
- Disseminate information collected through the statewide needs assessment and URVC to produce training manuals, resource guides, conferences and sustainable practice techniques for all rural and urban facilities to utilize when treating and coordinating care for their veteran population.
Rural Veterans Health Access Program Sub-Grant Application
The Utah Department of Health, Office of Primary Care and Rural Health is accepting applications for the Rural Veterans Health Access Program (RVHAP) sub-grants starting June 1, 2021. Applications are due June 30, 2021, grant period will be from August 1 2021 to July 31, 2022.
The Rural Veterans Health Access Program (RVHAP) grant is designed to improve the coordination of care between the VA and critical access hospitals (CAH), rural hospitals, and rural clinics in order to increase access to care, reduce barriers, and provide additional resources for veterans living in rural areas throughout Utah.
Before applying, please note the following:
- Please review the Rural Veterans Health Access Program: Sub-grant Guidance file below.
- We are only accepting online applications through the provided link below. No email or mail-in applications, please.
- There are two (2) tabs in the application, please fill both tabs with the required information.
- You cannot “Save and Continue Later”. You may preview the application, but once started, you must complete.
- If you would like a PDF copy of the application, please email Colton Gordon (coltongordon @ utah.gov) for a copy
To apply, please follow the link here.
To send in a Progress Report, please follow the link here.
Health System Specialist
coltongordon @ utah.gov