SPCGP Application cycle is open, April 12 – May 10th, 2021.
Orientation: April 13th, 2021 11-12pm.
To access the SPCGP Orientation video presentation, please follow the link here.
Application and Quarterly Progress Report Portals:
The State Primary Care Grant Program provides access to ambulatory primary care services needed by low income individuals and families without health insurance who are not eligible for CHIP or Medicaid. It also covers primary care services that are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, or private insurance. Private non-profit and public organizations that provide primary health care to low income, uninsured, and under-insured individuals are eligible to apply for funds to increase their capacity to serve these populations.
Program objectives include the following:
- Improve the health of eligible individuals.
- Provide continuity of care to eligible individuals who receive ambulatory primary care services.
- Increase the number of eligible individuals served in the target populations (working poor, children, elderly, Native Americans, migrant and seasonal farm workers, individuals with chronic diseases, the homeless, individuals with limited English-speaking proficiency, and single heads of household).
- Increase the number of eligible encounters by individuals in the target populations.
- Increase the organizational capacity of the grantee to provide ambulatory primary health care services to eligible individuals and their families by increasing ongoing and long-term capacity.
Program Statute & Rule
2018 State Primary Care Grants Map
Workforce Development Specialist
robbinwilliams @ utah.gov