SPCGP Application cycle is OPEN for FY 2023:
The Utah State Primary Care Grant Program (SPCGP), administered by the Utah Department of Health’s Office of Primary Care and Rural Health (OPCRH), is closed for the new funding year.
The Office of Primary Care and Rural Health hosted two orientation sessions for new applicants. These sessions will help grant partners understand the criteria and responsibilities of grant recipients.
To view the State Primary Care Grant Program Orientation Session Power Point held on April 6, 2022, please follow the link here, Grantee Orientation Information Session 2023.
APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED
Quarterly Progress Report Portals:
The State Primary Care Grant Program provides access to ambulatory primary care services needed by low income individuals and families without health insurance who are not eligible for CHIP or Medicaid. It also covers primary care services that are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, or private insurance. Private non-profit and public organizations that provide primary health care to low income, uninsured, and under-insured individuals are eligible to apply for funds to increase their capacity to serve these populations.
Program objectives include the following:
- Improve the health of eligible individuals.
- Provide continuity of care to eligible individuals who receive ambulatory primary care services.
- Increase the number of eligible individuals served in the target populations (working poor, children, elderly, Native Americans, migrant and seasonal farm workers, individuals with chronic diseases, the homeless, individuals with limited English-speaking proficiency, and single heads of household).
- Increase the number of eligible encounters by individuals in the target populations.
- Increase the organizational capacity of the grantee to provide ambulatory primary health care services to eligible individuals and their families by increasing ongoing and long-term capacity.
Program Statute & Rule
2021 State Primary Care Grants Map
Workforce Development Specialist
robbinwilliams @ utah.gov