The purpose of the State Office of Rural Health Program is to increase awareness of SORH as a point of contact for rural health issues and to assist Utah in strengthening rural health care delivery systems by:
- Collecting and disseminating information on rural health care issues and researching findings relating to rural health care.
- Coordinating the activities carried out in the State that relate to rural health care.
- Identifying Federal, State, and nongovernmental programs regarding rural health, and providing technical assistance to public and nonprofit private entities concerning participation in such programs. Strengthening Federal, State, and local partnerships in rural health and promoting recruitment and retention of a competent health care workforce.
What does the State Office of Rural Health do?
- Assist clinics in rural counties to become Certified Rural Health Clinics.
- Support National Rural Health Day events.
- Provide technical assistance to rural communities with grant writing, funding opportunities and network development.
- Produce a monthly newsletter on rural health topics.
- Provide training and educational opportunities for Rural Health Clinics on current topics and issues.
mmcculloough @ utah.gov