Utah’s Health Equity Program:
The OCPRH in collaboration with the Office of Health Disparities has awarded $934,415 to six community- based organizations and one educational institution to address health equity issues worsened by the COVID pandemic.
GRANT PERIOD HAS CLOSED
Awardees and rural areas they are working in are:
- Dove Center–St. George/Washington County
- Holy Cross Ministries–Park City/Summit County
- Latino Behavioral Health Services– Washington, Tooele, Carbon, Grand and Emery Counties
- Moab Free Health Clinic, Moab/Grand County
- People’s Health Clinic, Park City/Summit County
- PIK2AR (Pacific Island Knowledge to Action Resources), Tooele County
- Southern Utah University Utah Center for Rural Health, statewide and focus on rural counties
ADDRESSING HEALTH EQUITY IN A POST-COVID LANDSCAPE GRANT PROGRAM
The objectives of the Addressing Health Equity in a Post-COVID Landscape funding opportunity are:
- To build capacity within the community to address and mitigate health inequities highlighted by or exacerbated by COVID-19.
- To promote health equity.
- To link communities and individuals to social resources to meet their needs.
Utah community-based organizations (CBOs) serving underserved and underrepresented communities within the 24 rural and frontier counties in Utah. Preference will be given to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations. If you are unsure whether or not the county you serve is rural click here.
* If your organization is already receiving funding from this grant from the Utah Department of Health, Office of Health Disparities, your organization is not eligible to apply for this funding.*
- People residing in rural communities in Utah, including but not limited to:
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- High-risk or underserved populations
- Migrant/seasonal workers
- Immigrant populations
This project is funded through the Utah Department of Health, Office of Health Disparities, By Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Supports, National Initiative to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities Among Populations at High-Risk and Underserved, Including Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations and Rural Communities